Human health is the most valuable gift, but people are ignoring it and slipping into the workload trap, driving them to an illness cave. Yes! In the 21st century, people are surrounded by various diseases and falling ill.
Every day, a new disease emerges and threatens human health. An old disease is on the rise, severely impacting human health. Dengue is one of the most lethal viruses, and it is taking lives.
Even after over a decade, individuals continue to disregard Dengue and take it lightly. In Pakistan, the incidence of dengue fever has grown, with daily admissions of new patients.
The moment has come to take precautions against dengue and protect ourselves. There are countless safety recommendations available on the internet, but only specialists can take you in the right direction, which is why we are taking you to the main entrance.
Before discussing treatment or prevention, let’s examine the symptoms that indicate whether you have dengue.
Symptoms may include a rapid temperature of approximately 104°F (40°C)Trusted Source accompanied by one or more of the following:
- Muscles and joints that ache
- Behind the eyes ache
- sickness and vomiting
- Redness of the face
- painful throat
Mild symptoms last between 2 and 7 days; depending on your immune system, you may feel better within a week.
Approximately 0.5% to 5% of cases of dengue fever are severe. And if that occurs, it would be life-threatening.
They consist of:
- Abdominal discomfort or agony
- At least three episodes of vomiting within 24 hours
- Continual bleeding from the nose or gums.
- Vomiting blood
- Blood in the feces
- Feeling restless or irritable
- alterations in temperature
- From extremely hot to extremely cold
- Freezing, clammy skin
- A weak and fast heartbeat
- A decrease in the disparity between systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- Anyone experiencing severe symptoms requires rapid medical care.
- No specific drug is available to treat dengue, which is the most crucial fact everyone must understand. So far, no vaccination or other treatment has been developed for adults.
- The dengue vaccine is ONLY authorized for use in 9–16-year-old children having laboratory-confirmed evidence of a past dengue virus infection.
- Dengue treatment effectively regulates symptoms and lowers the likelihood of worsening. According to studies from 2009,
- Water consumption to prevent dehydration
- Getting sufficient rest
- Taking painkillers like Tylenol or paracetamol can also help reduce fever.
As only children qualify for immunization, what about adults? Here are some suggestions for reducing their risk of infection.
- Putting on garments that cover the body
- Utilizing insect repellents on the skin Utilizing mosquito netting
- Screening windows and doors
- Before use, treat camping gear or clothing with insect repellent
- Avoid being outdoors at dawn, dusk, and early evening if possible.
- Remove stagnant water from the property and prevent camping near still water.
- Ensure that no water is pooling in drains, planters, or other features.
These precautions and suggestions may protect you from dengue. Dengue has become a serious disease, Pakistan is battling dengue, and other countries have discovered monkeypox, which has already infected a U.S. person. You must understand what monkeypox is and its treatment.